Pages

Wednesday 2 May 2012

Masked

This semester was fun, despite being the most hectic ! A lot of hands-on work, which I thoroughly enjoyed.

We had a course on Character Illustration. We had to draw a character of our own, come up with characteristics and then transform it from 2D to 3D, using paper mache. I wasn't easy at all. It took tons of effort and a lot of time (which I did not have) I stayed up nights for the final submission, but it was worthwhile. I love my little mask. Emm, not little, it's quite large actually. Twice the size of my head I think, or maybe slightly bigger. Here is how it all come together.

Started off with making a wire frame.
 Five layers of paper mache came on top of that !
 Two layers of tissue paper
And then all the accessories - wool, paper, m-seal etc.
And finally, I could wear it :)
I love you, Hairald !
Here is his story - 

No comments: