Pages

Monday 5 November 2012

Bordeaux museum of wine

Our very last stop in Bordeaux was at the museum of wine. It was much smaller than I had imagines but quite interesting nonetheless. Thankfully the information was in English, unlike many museums I've been to in France. I absorbed all the info and clicked away happily. I even got myself a gift pack of 4 wine bottles - two red, one rose and one white. 


FYI, wine bottles were shipped to India as the weather  there was better to age the wine. There was an actual map showing the passage to India. I was so kicked. Spotted some interesting wine labels from over the years. I was also fascinated by the wine stamps, so pretty and delicate. There was a section on corks too and we manged to pick up a few extra corks lying around there. 
It was an interesting experience in the cellar of a building. A must-do if you have time to spare in Bordeaux. The entry was 3,50 Euros for students :) and it is open from 10 am to 6 pm.

No comments: