Pages

Monday 12 November 2012

Mont Saint Michel

A road trip again. I really need to remind myself that I'm here to S-T-U-D-Y !!! :D But on the other hand I also have to make the most of my time here so I'm caught in between. Gosh such #firstworldproblems.

Anyway, moving on to the gorgeous place I visited last weekend - Mont St. Michel. It is this beautiful tiny islet that gets cut off from the mainland during high tide. At the first glance it did remind us of Hogwarts or a Castle out of LOTR or even Narnia. It was really fascinating. 

The archangel after which the islet is named

And there it is - Magnificent and grand

We were faced with terrible weather when we first arrived but soon the skies cleared and the sun graced us with its warmth. It made it so much easier to take pictures, not having to balance an umbrella in one hand and a heavy camera in another. The tiny streets leading up to the abbey were filled with souvenir shops and cafes.  

Inside the Abbey

It was a really fun trip, so much in one day. Some bits were really exciting too, like how we didn't pay the 9 Euros to get in. But that is a story for another day. 

No comments: